Cubs this week is a repeat of last week’s activities, so that everyone gets to make/finish 2 bird feeders and a bee or bug hotel. Below are some links so you can see what we’re aiming for:
So please check with your Cub what they made last week and send them with the following for the different activities.
For bird feeder please bring:
- 1 litre drink bottle with lid, if they haven’t already made a bird feeder. Doesn’t matter what drink has been in it as long as it’s washed out.
- 1 orange, if they haven’t already made an orange bird feeder.
For Bee/bug hotel please bring:
- Small hammer – if poss – named
- Small saw – if poss – named
- Bundle of about 10 x 20 cm long twigs – differing diameters is good, but at least 1 cm.
You may need to check with your Cub what they started/completed last week – I believe Red and Green Sixes made bird feeders from oranges and plastic bottles, whilst Yellow and Blue Sixes went outside to saw up bee hotels. This week the Sixes will swap activities.
In addition: we will be checking any Good Turn diaries that haven’t yet been handed in. Last chance!
See you tomorrow – thanks for your support.
PS – photos from last week below: